Butte man pleads guilty in overdose death
A 20-year-old Butte man has pleaded guilty to a selling a prescription narcotic patch to a man who died of an overdose.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says Dacota Robert Rogers pleaded guilty to distribution of Fentanyl during a hearing Friday before U.S. District Judge Sam Haddon in Helena. Sentencing is set for Feb. 21.
Court records say Rogers told investigators that he sold the victim the patch for $35 last December and showed him how to smoke it. The man died of an overdose on Dec. 8.
Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate used to manage moderate to severe pain for patients who don't get enough relief from morphine or oxycodone.