Missoula
85° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Kalispell
77° F
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm
Bozeman
84° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Accidental house fire caused Nye man's death

By Associated Press
Published On: Feb 11 2013 07:38:05 AM MST
FIRE
HELENA, Mont. -

Stillwater County authorities say a house fire that caused the death of a Nye man was an accident.
    
Sheriff and Coroner Clifford Brophy said Saturday in a statement that the Thursday fire that killed Robert Noyes started near a wood stove.
    
Brophy says the cause of death is accidental smoke inhalation. Authorities say Noyes lived alone.