Missoula
84° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Kalispell
64° F
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm
Bozeman
78° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Crews respond to small electrical fire in Missoula home

By Emily Adamson, KECI Reporter, eadamson@keci.com
Published On: Nov 25 2012 05:06:15 PM MST
Electrical fire
MISSOULA, Mont. -

An electrical shortage sparked a small fire in Missoula home this morning.

Missoula firefighters responded to the house on Bridger Court Loop in South Missoula around 10:30 a.m.

Firefighters said a ceiling fan in a basement bathroom in the home was smoldering and melted the surrounding electrical wires but never burst into big flames.

The residents used a fire extinguisher and evacuated the home. Firefighters report nobody was hurt and there is no significant damage to the home.