Missoula
51° F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Kalispell
45° F
Rain
Rain
Bozeman
44° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Early morning fire erupts inside Butte residence

By Donovan Hill, KTVM Reporter, dhill@ktvm.com
Published On: Nov 05 2012 03:56:33 PM MST
Updated On: Nov 05 2012 06:20:38 PM MST
Butte Structure Fire
BUTTE, Mont. -

Fire investigators in Silver Bow County are blaming a candle for an early morning house fire the erupted on Butte's west side.

It happened on the 2600-block of Silver Bow Boulevard around 9 a.m.

Investigators told NBC Montana that a lit candle fell into a basket of laundry and started the fire.

Everyone inside the residence made it out safely and fire crews quickly extinguished the blaze.

"The fire was confined into the bathroom area.  There is smoke damage throughout the whole house and the smoke did more damage than anything.  The fire damage is probably a couple thousand dollars at least but the smoke damage is going to be a lot.  Walls, furniture, everything has to be replaced," said John Lasky, Assistant Fire Chief.