Missoula
52° F
Overcast
Overcast
Kalispell
48° F
Rain
Rain
Bozeman
54° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

House fire leaves Butte family homeless for the holidays

By Donovan Hill, KTVM Reporter, dhill@ktvm.com
Published On: Dec 20 2012 05:14:21 PM MST

Wednesday afternoon a fire ripped through a Butte house leaving nothing behind and one family homeless for the holidays.

BUTTE, Mont. -

Wednesday afternoon a fire ripped through a Butte house leaving nothing behind and one family homeless for the holidays.

The fire was first reported around 12:30pm and thankfully nobody was home at the time.

But as word soon began to travel around town about the fire, people’s hearts started opening up.

Thursday morning phones we’re ringing off the hook at the Chamber of Commerce in Butte with people wanting to help the family in any way they can.

Locals we’re also piling through the doors bringing toys, food, clothes and anything else that would make the family’s situation easier.

If you are interested in helping the family there are a few ways to do so.

Cash donations are being accepted through the “Sarah Butorovich Fire Fund” at the American Federal Credit Union located at 3401 Harrison Ave in Butte.

Toys, clothes, food and anything else can be taken to the Butte Chamber of Commerce located at 1000 George St or the Best Western Inn located at 2900 Harrison Avenue.