Butte man pleads guilty in overdose death
A 20-year-old Butte man has pleaded guilty to a selling a prescription narcotic patch to a man who died of an overdose.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says Dacota Robert Rogers pleaded guilty to distribution of Fentanyl during a hearing Friday before U.S. District Judge Sam Haddon in Helena. Sentencing is set for Feb. 21.
Court records say Rogers told investigators that he sold the victim the patch for $35 last December and showed him how to smoke it. The man died of an overdose on Dec. 8.
Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate used to manage moderate to severe pain for patients who don't get enough relief from morphine or oxycodone.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.