Court delays release of new order in Cebull probe
An appeals court panel overseeing the misconduct investigation into former U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull says it has issued a new order in the Montana jurist's case.
But the Judicial Council of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will wait 63 days after its June 28 filing to release the order, allowing time for a petition for review to be submitted.
The 9th Circuit announced the council's order on its website Tuesday in a brief statement by Chief Judge Alex Kozinski.
Cebull retired May 3, after the judicial council completed its investigation into a racist email forwarded by Cebull last year and involving President Barack Obama.
The council said then Cebull's retirement made its previous March 15 order on the investigation moot.
Cebull has not said why he retired.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.