The following press release is from FWP:
Due to the high level of fire danger, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks’ properties in southwest Montana will go to Stage 1 fire restrictions on Friday, August 30. The restrictions apply specifically to FWP fishing access sites and wildlife management areas in Gallatin and Park Counties.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
1. Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire. (Note exemptions below)
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
1. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
2. Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off.
3. Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
4. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
5. All land within a city boundary is exempted.
6. Fires will be allowed in established steel fire grates at Missouri Headwaters State Park.
Individuals may be fined up to $5,000 or imprisoned up to 6 months for violating the noted fire restrictions.