Missoula
59° F
Clear
Clear
Kalispell
59° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Bozeman
59° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Firefighters put out Butte house fire

Published On: Jan 16 2014 05:23:18 PM MST   Updated On: Jan 16 2014 10:33:54 AM MST
Butte house fire
BUTTE, Mont -

The Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department put out a morning fire on the 2400 block of Sheridan.

Crews got the call just after 9:00 a.m.

Fire investigators say it appears a the fire was started by a cigarette catching oxygen on fire.  Everyone in the home was evacuated.  No one was seriously injured but one person was taken to the hospital.

According to the fire department the home suffered heavy damage.