Heat, holiday brings pet danger
Updated On: Jun 30 2013 06:00:05 PM MDT
The heat and holidays make a dangerous week for pets.
Yesterday we received a report of a pet being killed in Thompson Falls after it was left in a vehicle with the windows rolled up. And today in Missoula, a dog was found near death after being tied up without water all day.
The Fourth of July also imposes a danger for pets, as many of them become lost during the holiday from being spooked by fireworks.
Animal control officials say dog collars and tags are a must.