Toxicology reports Aimee Heim died of hypothermia
Updated On: May 15 2014 09:09:21 PM MDT
Officials said a missing Butte woman who was found on the steps of a Continental Drive business died of hypothermia.
Aimee Heim disappeared in February and her body was found a month later at the bottom of a stairwell.
The Butte-Silver Bow County coroner told NBC Montana the toxicology report found a large amount of prescription drugs, used to treat anxiety and depression, in her system. Officials said the level was not high enough for Heim to overdose, but high enough for her to be intoxicated.
The Butte Coroner said it's likely the combination of hypothermia and intoxication made Heim act confused.
The Butte-Silver Bow County Coroner said Heim's death was accidental, results showed no signs of trauma or foul play.