Missoula
28° F
Light Freezing Fog
Light Freezing Fog
Kalispell
33° F
Snow
Snow
Bozeman
32° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Troy apartment building destroyed by fire

By The Associated Press
Published On: Dec 13 2013 08:11:27 AM MST
TROY, Mont. -

An apartment building in Troy was destroyed by fire and at least one man suffered burns while rescuing his girlfriend and their son.
    
Erin Tallmadge spotted the flames as she was leaving work early Thursday and called 911. She told The Western News she ran to the building where her sister lives, but was unable to get inside due to the heat.
    
She and a friend grabbed a ladder from a nearby house and started helping people out as they screamed for help.
    
Tallmadge's sister, Ashley Tallmadge, says her boyfriend, former firefighter Eric Howe, huddled over her and their 3-year-old son to protect them from the flames as they got out of the apartment.
    
Howe suffered burns on his head and back and was taken a Utah burn center for treatment.