POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for the accurate data entry into the traffic computer system either by supervising the Traffic Assistant or by direct input all pertinent information for daily program logs including program formats, commercial break structures, EBS tests, translator and station identification, news updates, sponsorships, time sales orders, station promotion, public service announcements, paid programming and other information in accordance with company and broadcast policy
· Perform final evaluation, edit, fill, printing and distribution of station logs
· Work with other managers and department heads to address and resolve any issues affecting Traffic
· Work closely with Sales Management to manage commercial inventory to maximize inventory pricing and utilization
· Responsible for management of station’s commercial, promotion and PSA library
· During Political seasons position is responsible for the preparation and filing into the public file of appropriate documents in accordance with company and FCC procedures and deadlines.
· Prepare and submit annual copyright royalty reports for KECI, KCFW and KTVM.
· Coordinate with Market Controller the hiring, training and supervision of the Traffic Assistant
· Three to five years traffic experience in a broadcast station. Previous Traffic Supervisor/Manager experience preferred. Minimum High School diploma required college degree preferred
· Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet tight and demanding deadlines
· Must have knowledge of the media sales and broadcast operations preferably in local broadcast TV
· Solid computer skills with hands on work experience of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point. Must have knowledge of and experience in media sales/traffic systems preferably with OSi.
· Strong communication skills with ability to work effectively with variety of personalities from different disciplines.